Friday, June 4, 2010
Food, Inc
I recently watched this documentary, scared the crap out of me. I knew about the impact of factory farms on animals, but what I did not really realize before was the impact that these factory farms have on humans. Americans are always talking about the problem we have with illegal immigrant workers, but nobody would ever willingly pay the price of a gallon of milk produced by people who made a fair, living wage. Not many entitled Americans would work in the sort of conditions those farms produced either. I certainly would not be willing to wade through knee deep chicken shit for minimum wage (or less). The working conditions on these farms are beyond horrible. I was shocked when the female chicken grower said that she had become allergic to all antibiotics from giving so many of them to the chickens. If that is happening to the farmers, just imagine what is happening to every American's body when we eat that stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment